I read that on Facebook the other day and I yelled out a big “Amen”. May has been absolutely crazy…hence the lack of blogging. The first week of May we had…and I do not exaggerate…
- Teacher Appreciation Week activities for 4 teachers.
- A Teacher/Staff Appreciation luncheon for 100 that I was in charge of.
- Mack’s 1st grade program.
- AWANA awards night
- A special 1st grade reading program (called Reading Restaurant) for Mack.
- Bike Rodeo
In addition to “regular life” like laundry, cleaning, dinner, etc…which does not magically go away during busy weeks. It was insane! I got very little sleep and crashed pretty hard the weekend after it was over. The last couple of weeks have been a little bit better but still VERY busy. I am really ready for Summer…I might be more excited than the kids.
I have been thankful this week for a few quiet moments…
- Doing my devotions on the deck while enjoying a beautiful, cool morning.
- Having coffee with Natalie Monday night. Lately our time spent together seems to always involve two very STRONG willed two year olds who shall remain nameless…not the least bit relaxing. ;) Nice to have some grown up conversation without being interrupted.
- Looking forward to Thursday…spending the day in Gruene with Lauren and Gretchen. It has been way too long since I have seen Gretchen and Lauren’s family is getting ready to move so I am cherishing all the time that we have left! It is going to be so nice to browse through the cute shops and just enjoy one another’s company.
I have lots of pictures to upload from the last few weeks that I want to share. Hope to get to those by the end of the week.