One of my favorite pictures…holding Luke just a few minutes after he was born.
My fourth time giving birth but still just as wonderful and amazing as the first time… :)
And in honor of Mothers Day here are my
ABC’s of Motherhood
(written in May 2009)
The ABC’s of Motherhood
- A is for answering questions…lots and lots of questions
- B is for bathtime…a freshly bathed child…does anything smell better?
- C is for chaos wonderful, maddening, unpredictable chaos.
- D is for diapers…Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, whatever’s on sale…:)
- E is for entertainment committee…as in..”I’m not the entertainment committee.”
- F is for fathers…don’t want to take my children’s for granted.
- G is for God…how could I, why would I, want to do it without Him?
- H is for hearts…my children’s hearts…and my prayer that Christ would reside, and reign in them.
- I is for instinct…almost always better than any parenting book out there.
- J is for joy…its beauty is that it can be there regardless of circumstances.
- K is for kisses…bedtime kisses, good morning kisses, “I’m so proud of you” kisses…
- L is for life and the privilege of watching a new one come into the world four times.
- M is for Mercy…given to me daily by the One who “gently leads those who have young.” (Is 40:11)
- N is for “No” and trying to find the balance between not saying it too much but saying it enough…and teaching them to not say it to me…:)
- O is for octopus…really jealous of that creatures 8 arms!
- P is for prayer and potty training…the two go together right? Both necessary, but one is a lot more enjoyable than the other.:)
- Q is for quality time…and the struggle to put down the laundry, the mop, the vacuum, and spend quality time with my kids.
- R is for rest…looking forward to getting some in about 18 years.:)
- S is for swings, and slides, and sunshine. All three are enjoyed best with my kiddos.
- T is for tantrums. It’s not pretty when my kids decide to throw one…and mine aren’t so pretty either.:)
- U is for umpire…as a mom I sometimes make the right call, sometimes the wrong call…thankful that God’s grace covers it all.
- V is for van…REALLY didn’t want one, but I am SO THANKFUL for it now!:)
- W is for work…the best, hardest, most frustrating but rewarding job I have ever had.
- X is for X-ray vision…and all the other super powers we possess as moms!
- Y is for years…how quickly they pass.
- Z is for zeal…for the Lord and for His word…striving to be an example of that to my children.:)
Feeling so blessed to be a mom, to have a wonderful mother and mother in law, and to be walking this journey with sweet sister in laws and friends who are moms too.
Happy Mother’s Day…