On Friday…Luke celebrated his first birthday.
Luke and I spent the late night hours of his birthday in the same way we spent the late night hours of the day he was born…with him snuggled up next to me in bed. I remember saying that I was going to send Luke to the nursery that first night so that I could get a good night’s rest. It was all big talk because when it came down to it…I wanted him near me.
As I lay there with him this past Friday night I was able to reflect on this past year…the good, the bad, and the ugly. Luke definitely has a “strength of conviction” that I have not seen in my other 3 kids.:) That “strength” has been a challenge to say the least, but I also realize that his “strength” is a gift. A gift from the Lord to remind me that attempting motherhood apart from Him is going to end in frustration…every time…guaranteed.
I don’t know who has grown more over this past year…Luke or his mommy? :) I’m so thankful that the Lord choose to bless me with a third son. Here is what Luke is up to these days…
- He can say papa, Jack, mama, dada, and baba (bottle).
- He LOVES bananas…with a passion!
- He is walking…the only one of our 4 kids to be walking on their first b-day.
- He does NOT like the nursery…it is not pretty when I have to leave him.
- He loves books…loves to be read to…loves to sit and “read” them by himself.
- His brothers and sister love him…ALOT!
- He has the best smile. :)
I love you so much. My prayer for you is that
you would come to know Jesus as your savior, and that
the strength of conviction that we already see in you would
define your walk with HIM.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
Your Mommy :)