…by my sister in law Marie . Sorry this took me so long. I was having a hard time coming up with 7 things. Okay, so here is my best shot…7 random things about me:
- I never went to the 4th grade, but I went to 3rd grade twice. Here’s the story…when my parents were Missionaries and we lived in Mexico I went to 2nd and 3rd grade at a British school. I wasn’t learning Spanish very well and so my parents switched me to a school where half the day was in English and half the day in Spanish. When I switched I repeated 3rd grade because of the language “issues”. We moved back to the US the next year and instead of me going to 4th grade I just went to 5th.
- All three of my kids have names that have a “ck” as the 3rd and 4th letter of their name (Jackson, Mackenzie and Tucker) and we did not plan that …I promise!
- I’ve gone 9 days without taking a shower…I’m not kidding. I was in college and I participated in a “wilderness experience” that was part of some leadership training. We spent 10 days in Yosemite National Forest backpacking and sleeping under the stars. On the last day we went back to a campgroup and I got to take a very cold shower! I do not even recognize myself when I see pictures from that trip!:)
- Speaking of that trip…the first time I put on my backpack I fell backwards. It weighed 90 pounds which is not a whole lot less than what I weighed at the time. (I wish that were still true…I’m pretty sure I could handle the backpack now…3 kids later!:)
- When I was 18 I went to a Barry Manilow concert with my best friend Donelle. I’m pretty sure we were the only ones there under 40! Copacabana is still one of my favorite songs…:)
- When I was in the 8th grade I met John Ritter, Olivia Newton John, and Woody Harrelson on an airplane. My 8th grade class was going to DC for a class trip and the celebs were on the plane going to DC for “Earth Day.”
- My daughter climbs in bed with me every morning between 5 and 5:30am and I am so tired that I just let her stay there…it’s not worth the energy to move her. Like they say…”I was the perfect parent before I had kids!” I used to say that I would NEVER let my kids sleep in my bed…NEVER SAY NEVER!:)